PFAWL is devoted to actively promoting the advancement of women in the legal profession and furthering the common interests of its members by encouraging camaraderie and learning. PFAWL is committed to issues concerning our legal community, especially to challenges women encounter within it. PFAWL seeks to promote women’s opportunities and rights by enhancing the visibility of women within the legal profession and within communities by creating and maintaining supportive networks among women in the legal and other professions.
Monthly networking opportunities with other lawyers who actively promote women in the legal profession and community. Our monthly socials are typically held on the first Tuesday of every month in various locations throughout Pinellas County.
PFAWL routinely nominates its members for local, statewide, and national awards. By utilizing our member profile page, we are able to review your resume and nominate you for various awards.
Advocacy for PFAWL members who seek appointment to Florida Bar Committees and Judicial Nominating Commissions (JNC) with the benefit of institutional knowledge on the most effective means of supporting applicants for these statewide positions.
Free or reduced pricing on continuing legal education seminars, family-friendly events, educational events, health and wellness training and events, and monthly socials.
In every PFAWL newsletter, we highlight one of our members through the “Membership Spotlight” in order to promote his or her practice and goals. We aim to bring individualized attention to our members in order to promote and support our members.
Networking with member who sit on the bench! We have various local judges that are members of PFAWL and routinely attend our monthly socials and events.
PFAWL is active in promoting non-partisan issues as it relates to women. PFAWL addresses issues that are common to women in the legal profession, such as gender equality, workplace harassment, parental leave, lactation rooms, etc.
You will have access to our member database and be able to refer clients to other members.
Be first in the know about a new job opening, a member’s most recent accolades, or new laws. We disseminate information FAST so our members can be current and connected with today’s trends and hot-button issues.
You can join a committee and gain insight into the work that PFAWL promotes.
Mentorship opportunities as both a mentor and mentee. We promote engagement with other attorneys in your practice areas statewide or mentor a young attorney or law student.
FAWL and Florida Bar Access
Membership Benefits on a statewide level:
- Recognition of member’s professional accomplishments in statewide E-Newsletter and through social media, as well as eligibility for prestigious awards
- Leadership opportunities and development for members at the statewide level through FAWL committees and executive board
- Publication opportunities in substantive areas of law through contribution to the FAWL journal
- Representation on the Florida Bar Board of Governors, the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations, and the National Association of Women Lawyers
- Connect with over 3,000 fellow members and develop a statewide referral network at FAWL signature events, such as the Annual Summit, Leadership Retreat, Mid-Year Meeting, and Lobby Days
- Championing non-partisan issues important to women and women lawyers and providing members access to local representatives and bringing the issues to the forefront in Tallahassee through FAWL’s Lobby Days
- Access to database of FAWL membership, free online continuing legal education library, publications, and resources for professional development
Each year, PFAWL offers a scholarship to a Stetson Law School student who exemplifies and embodies PFAWL’s mission. If you’d like to learn more about applying for the scholarship or to sponsor a scholarship, please email our Awards Director at email@example.com.